- From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting toggle to turn it from OFF to ON.
Does Shopify allow Google Analytics?
Shopify analytics reports are really robust and accessible. Adding Google Analytics to your Shopify store is free and is the first step to creating a data-driven strategy for your ecommerce store.
How do I add Google Analytics 4 to Shopify?
To install Google Analytics 4 on the standard version of Shopify, you will need to follow these steps.
- Add the tracking code to your theme.
- Add the tracking code to your order confirmation page.
- Exclude Shopify as a referral in GA4.
- Add your Universal Analytics property ID.
How do I set up Google Analytics for ecommerce?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
Is Google Analytics 4 compatible with Shopify?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.
How do I set up tracking on Shopify?
From your Shopify admin, go to Orders. Click the order number for the order you want to add a tracking number to. In the Fulfilled section, click Add tracking. In the Edit tracking dialog, enter your shipment’s tracking number.
How do I turn on Google Analytics?
Turn Google Analytics on or off for users
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps Additional Google Services.
- Click Service status.
- To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
How does Shopify track sales in Google Analytics?
From your Shopify Admin Dashboard, open Sales Channels > Online Store > Preferences, then scroll down to Google Analytics, then check use Enhanced Ecommerce” to turn on eCommerce tracking from Shopify part.
Where is my Google Analytics code?
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.