- From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting toggle to turn it from OFF to ON.
How do I track my checkout on Shopify?
Once your account and your property are created, you can generate a new Google Analytics tracking code. Choose your account from the Account column, click on your Shopify store’s property, and then click on Tracking Info, then Tracking Code.
How do I add Google Analytics 4 to Shopify?
To install Google Analytics 4 on the standard version of Shopify, you will need to follow these steps.
- Add the tracking code to your theme.
- Add the tracking code to your order confirmation page.
- Exclude Shopify as a referral in GA4.
- Add your Universal Analytics property ID.
Is Google Analytics 4 compatible with Shopify?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.
Do I need Google Analytics for Shopify?
Bear in mind, though, that Shopify’s Customers reports are limited to 30,000 customers, so if you’re running a big ecommerce store and want data for more than 30,000 customers you’ll need to use Google Analytics.
How do I add pixels to Checkout Shopify?
First, you need to go to Facebook’s Events Manager and copy your Pixel ID. To add your Facebook Pixel ID to your Shopify store’s preferences, go to your Shopify dashboard > Online Store > Preferences. Paste your Pixel ID under “Facebook Pixel ID ”. Click “Save” to apply the changes.
How do I set up Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
How do I get my Google Analytics code?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.