Method 1: Use MonsterInsights to Add Google Analytics Code All you have to do is install the plugin on your site, and it will take care of the rest. Once the plugin is active, follow the setup wizard, and you’ll have Google Analytics tracking code in your site’s header in no time.
Where do I put the Google Analytics code in my header?
Once you find the code snippet, copy and paste it into your web page, just before the closing tag *. If your website uses templates to generate pages, enter it just before the closing tag in the file that contains the section.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where should the Analytics tracking code be placed?
The Analytics tracking code should be placed Just before the closing tag of your website in the HTML of a webpage for data collection.
How do I add a tracking code to my WordPress header?
Option 2: Add directly to the header.php file
- Go to “Appearance”, then “Editor”, then “header. php”.
- Search for .
- Paste the tracking code before the closing tag.
- Save the code by clicking “Update File”.
Should Google Analytics code go in header or footer?
Want to know where should you put your Google Analytics code? While it’s safe to put your code in the header or footer, Google recommends you to add your code to your WordPress header.
Where do I find my Google Analytics UA code?
First, sign in to Google Analytics. The fastest way to find the UA code for each property, is to click “All Accounts” at the top of the screen to activate the dropdown menu, then locate the account and in the middle column and you will see the UA number below the Property (see screenshot).
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I add a tracking ID to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to Joomla?
Add Google Analytics to Your Joomla Template
- Copy the Global Site Tag from the previous step.
- Go to the Administrator Dashboard of your Joomla site.
- From Extensions > Templates > Styles select the default template of your Joomla site.
- Select the Custom Code tab.
- Paste the Global Site Tag into the Before field.
Where do I paste Google Analytics code in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Does WordPress have built in Analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.