What is the difference between Google Analytics and Universal Analytics?
Google Analytics provides only 5 custom variables at the moment for the free version and 50 for the premium version. Universal Analytics on the other hand, provides 20 custom dimensions (as they are called in Universal Analytics) for the free version and 200 for the premium one.
What Google Analytics is used for?
Google Analytics is one of the most popular digital analytics software. It is Google’s free web analytics service that allows you to analyze in-depth detail about the visitors on your website. It provides valuable insights that can help you to shape the success strategy of your business.
What is UA in Google Analytics?
The element symbol UA is a throwback to Urchin Analytics. Urchin Analytics was the company Google bought over before making it Google Analytics. You’ll receive an account in Google Analytics once you signed up.
What is Google Analytics and how does it work?
How do I create a Universal Analytics tag?
To create a Universal Analytics transaction tag fired by the transaction event:
- Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Select a mobile container.
- On the left navigation bar, click Tags.
- Click New.
- Click Untitled Tag to enter the tag name Transaction Completed.
- Choose product Google Analytics.
- Enter the tracking ID.
What version of Google Analytics am I using?
Is Google Analytics Free 2020?
Is Google Analytics free? There’s a free and a paid version of GA (the latter is called Analytics 360).
Can Google Analytics tell you who is visiting your site?
Can Google Analytics tell you who is visiting your site? Google Analytics can provide some information on who is visiting your website via the Network Report. The Google Analytics Network Report stores Service Provider data to show which service provider visitors are using to access your site.
Is Google Analytics easy to learn?
Google Analytics is not always easy to learn. In fact, it’s so complicated that many people ignore it – a big mistake. … It’s very easy to log into Google Analytics and see what your traffic was for the past 30 days. It’s much more difficult to figure out how to analyze is by geo, traffic source, page category, etc.
What is tracking ID number?
Tracking numbers are numbers assigned to packages when they are shipped. Tracking numbers are useful for knowing the location of time sensitive deliveries. It is a unique ID number or code assigned to a package or parcel.
How do I find my Analytics tracking ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Where do I put the Google Analytics code?
The code should be added near the top of the <head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.
Who should use Google Analytics?
7 Reasons to Use Google Analytics
- You can see how people find your website. …
- You can track what people do when they’re on your website. …
- You gain data on who’s visiting your website and how. …
- You can find the most popular pages on your website. …
- It helps you track conversions. …
- It’s free. …
- It’s easy.
How do you use Analytics?
Use Analytics with your site
- Step 1: Get an Analytics tracking ID. Sign up for an Analytics account if you don’t already have one. Find your Analytics tracking ID.
- Step 2: Add Analytics tracking. On your computer, open a site in new Google Sites. In the top right corner, click Settings . …
- Step 3: See your data. Open Analytics. View your data.