What does Google Tag Manager do?
What is TAG Google Analytics?
When should I use Google Tag Manager?
10 Reasons To Start Using Google Tag Manager Right Now
- Future-Proof Your Website. Ideally, Google Tag Manager is already a part of your process for adding analytics and conversion tracking to your website. …
- Implementation Speed. GTM will help speed up many processes. …
- Security. …
- Flexibility. …
- Debug Options. …
- Version Control. …
- Workspaces and Environments. …
- User Permissions.
How do I add tags to Google Tag Manager?
Set Up a Tag
- Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard. …
- Configure your tag. …
- Choose a tag type. …
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking. …
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded. …
- Save your tag. …
- Activate your tag by pressing “Submit.”
25 мая 2018 г.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager?
How do I get Google Tag Manager?
Setup and install Tag Manager
- Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
- Install the container in your website or mobile app. …
- Add and publish your tags.
Where do I put Google Analytics tag?
The code should be added near the top of the <head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.
How do I find my Google Analytics tag?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Where do I put Google Analytics tracking code?
Add the tracking code directly to your site
Sign in to your Analytics account, and select the Admin tab. From the ACCOUNT and PROPERTY columns, select the property that you’re working with. Click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Click to expand this image and see where these options appear in the interface.
How can I tell if Google Tag Manager is installed?
How To Check If You Have GTM Installed on Your Site
- Visit your homepage (or any page on your website)
- Right click with your mouse or key and click “View Page Source”
- When viewing your page source, do a Control + F which will bring up your “find” function within your browser.
- Input GTM here and if you have any matching characters proceed to verify each instance.
Does Google Tag Manager cost money?
Cost: It is completely free. Google Tag Manager is a free product and it has no usage limits (no limits on the number of pageviews).
What can you track with Google Tag Manager?
What can you track in Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
- Events (link clicks, PDF downloads, add to cart click, remove from cart click)
- Scroll tracking.
- Form abandonment.
- Shopping cart abandonment.
- Video views tracking.
- All exit link clicks.