What are UTM parameters in Google Analytics?
What Is A UTM Parameter? UTM parameters (sometimes called UTM codes) are specific text strings that you can append to URLs that allow you track those URLs when they get clicked on. UTM parameters make Google Analytics pick up on the data in the code and log it with the pageview.
How do I find UTM parameters in Google Analytics?
How To Find UTM’s in Google Analytics
- Navigate to the Acquisition tab on the left side panel navigation. …
- Inside, you’ll see the Campaigns link. …
- Select All Campaigns. …
- Above the list of Campaign Names, you’ll see a button that says “Secondary Dimension”. …
- Click Secondary Dimension.
How do you test UTM parameters?
To test your UTM parameters, enter the tagged URL into your browser and see what happens.
- During HTTP to HTTPS redirect, UTM parameters are not passed in this case.
- It’s not a good idea to use “cpc” as a medium by default when tagging social media campaigns.
How do I add UTM codes to Google Analytics?
How to use UTM tracking codes
- Install Google Analytics on your website.
- Visit Google’s free Campaign URL Builder page.
- Insert the website URL and campaign information.
- Create a unique UTM tracking code (aka campaign URL) for every ad or link.
- Use the UTM tracking codes in your marketing campaigns.
How do I generate a UTM code?
How to Build UTM Codes in HubSpot
- Navigate to your Analytics Tools. …
- Open the Tracking URL Builder. …
- Open the Tracking URL form to create a new UTM code. …
- Fill in each attribute of your UTM code and click “Create.” …
- Use the shortened link in your marketing campaign.
- Measure your success.
What are UTM codes?
A UTM code is a snippet of simple code that you can add to the end of a URL to track the performance of campaigns and content. There are 5 variants of URL parameters you can track – source, medium, campaign, term and content.
Which UTM parameters are required?
Types of UTM Parameters
There are five UTM parameters (three are required): utm_source (required) – identify the source of your traffic such as: search engine, newsletter, or other referral. utm_medium (required) – identify the medium the link was used on such as: email, CPC, or other method of sharing.
What is UTM in digital marketing?
UTM or Urchin Tracking Module is a simple code that can be attached to any URL to generate Google Analytics data for digital campaigns. … This enables Google Analytics to tell you where clicks have come from as well as what campaign directed the clicks to your website.
How does UTM parameters work?
“UTM parameters are simply tags that you add to a URL. When someone clicks on a URL with UTM parameters, those tags are sent back to your Google Analytics for tracking.”
How do I create a URL?
Create a shortened URL
- Visit the Google URL shortener site at goo.gl.
- If you aren’t signed in, click the Sign in button in the top right corner.
- Write or paste your URL in the Paste your long URL here box.
- Click Shorten URL.
Why are UTM parameters so valuable?
Why Are UTM Parameters So Valuable To Your Social Listening And Monitoring Program? They help my pages load faster via social networks. They allow me to track where traffic is coming from on social media. They track who initially shared my company’s content out on social media.
What does UTM mean?
Urchin Tracking Module
Is it possible to measure how far someone scrolls on a page using Google Analytics?
Scroll Depth is a Google Analytics plugin that lets you measure how far users are scrolling. It monitors the 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% scroll points, sending a Google Analytics Event for each one. You can also track when specific elements on the page are scrolled into view.