How do I add notes to Google Analytics?
Make Notes in Google Analytics with Annotations
- Click the annotation toggle link below the graph within your Google Analytics profile.
- Select the date for the annotation and click ‘+ create new annotation’.
- Enter your note (up to 160 characters), select if you would like the note to be shared or private and click ‘save’.
In which situation would you add an annotation to a report?
You can use annotations to mark important dates within your reports. Since annotations are all about providing context, you should consider creating them for any changes that might impact your data. Anything that has caused a spike or dip in traffic is usually important to add as an annotation.
What questions can Google Analytics answer?
10 Questions About Your Marketing Google Analytics Can Answer
- Who is visiting my site? …
- How much time do visitors spend on my website? …
- Are my site visitors quality visitors? …
- What are the top 3 pages on my website? …
- What are my most read blog posts? …
- What are the top sources of traffic to my website? …
- Which other sites are sending traffic to my website?
What is an example of a property in Google Analytics?
A property is a website, mobile application, or device (e.g. a kiosk or point-of-sale device.) An account can contain one or more properties. In the Analytics tracking code, the property for a reporting view has a unique ID, which is a combination of the account ID and additional digits.
How dimensions are categorized in Google Analytics?
Every report in Analytics is made up of dimensions and metrics. Dimensions are attributes of your data. For example, the dimension City indicates the city, for example, “Paris” or “New York”, from which a session originates. The dimension Page indicates the URL of a page that is viewed.
What does Google Analytics tell?
With Google Analytics, you can uncover valuable data about your audience to determine which channels drive most of the traffic to your website. The Audience section provides a lot of information about the people who visit your website like their age, gender, interests, devices, and location.
What can he learn from analytics?
9 Awesome Things You Can Do With Google Analytics 5
- See your most important analytics data first. …
- Find out which online campaigns bring the most traffic and conversions. …
- Determine where your best visitors are located. …
- Learn what people are searching for on your site. …
- Visualize what people click on the most. …
- Uncover your top content. …
- Identify your worst performing pages.
What tool is used to measure the success of a website?
One of the most popular ways to measure your website is Google Analytics. It’s a free tool that measures all the elements we mentioned above, and it even has a comprehensive dashboard that lets you easily analyse and export data.
Where do I find Google Analytics tracking code?
Find your tracking ID and tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
What is bounce rate Google Analytics?
About bounce rate
Bounce rate is single-page sessions divided by all sessions, or the percentage of all sessions on your site in which users viewed only a single page and triggered only a single request to the Analytics server.